Intel D946GZIS slow boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

Hi all, its been awhile since my last post.

now im back with one weird problem...

last 3 months, my desktop makes 3 beeps during boot and it does not want to start as expected. i reseated RAM and some peripherals inside the case. it works fine after for 2 months.

then the problem persisted, this time, im away, so my bro brought it to nearby computer shop and they say it's probably the dust. works fine after.

today i re-organize my entire desktop table which is full of mess. after putting everything neatly in its place. the problem persisted again. i went to check at intel website and they say it should be 64K memory error. then i change the only one RAM stick to another slot. it works fine, but, there's new problem now : the booting process is very slow. it takes 1 solid minute at the Intel logo screen.

i don;t know what's wrong with the bios settings. i've returned everything to default, do a bios-update, and even reset bios jumper. i don;t know whether i do something wrong today, but i'll appreciate it if somebody share some lights here. Thanks in advance....

thx for the reply.
i guess i need to run the memtest again because its been a year since my last run...

so bad ram can cause slow booting huh?
maybe i should prepare $$ to get new bigger RAM stick.

Well did you get ur problem solved? coz i got the same problem and dont know
what to do,,,, I had changed my RAM, but that didnt solve the problem... Also
my RAM slots looks pretty clean... So i dont think it could be the problem
with dust accumulation

Well did you get ur problem solved? coz i got the same problem and dont know
what to do,,,, I had changed my RAM, but that didnt solve the problem... Also
my RAM slots looks pretty clean... So i dont think it could be the problem
with dust accumulation

Do you have 1 long and 2 short beeps? If you do, it's a graphics card issue, assuming AMI follow the same beep scheme as Award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back