Intel D975XBX not starring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I followed everything to the "T" and it doesn't boot. I have a D975XBX with a Antec 550 Neo Power Supply, I have Kingston RAM to the exact spec that is required for this motherboard (believe me I check twice and confirmed with tech support). I have a Core Duo 2.13 6400 and ASUS 7800GTX PCI-E video card. After installing everything into the case... The motherboard light goes on -- fans go on.... cd-rom spins up as does the hd... but I get nothing... no beeps, no video signal, just fans spinning and motherboard light. I check my cables again and again... took the processor out twice... re-seated the ram... again...and again... same for the video card.... I dunno... any suugestions? Is my motherboard fried? I would think I'd get a error beep or something? I get nothing... not video... no beep...

Thanks in advance!

Damn typo on my thread... not starting (not starring) haha ... I haven't had much sleep... trying to figure this out... sorry...

Check for any shorts i.e. any places where the mobo might be touching the case and shorting out. Then try replacing the PSU as a last resort. If those two don't work, you need a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back