Intel Driver Bluetooth Issues

So I just got a new computer at work, Dell Latitude E7240. I'm running 32-bit Windows 7 (I have to have 32-bit due to some software I have). I installed all of the drivers but my bluetooth doesn't seem to work. I had a similar issue on my last machine, Latitude E6440. I tried using the same driver I used to fix the E6440, but that didn't seem to completely work on my new machine.

Basically, every time I restart my machine, the bluetooth driver doesn't seem to work. I go to device manager, right click on Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), click on Update Driver Software. Then I go to Browse For Driver Software On Your Computer, then I go to Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My Computer, uncheck Show Compatible Hardware. In the Manufacturer List I go to Intel Corporation and in the Model List I select Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) (Intel). This installs Driver Version 17.1.1411.504 (date is 11/26/2014). I have to go thru this every time I restart my computer.

I found a coworker with the same machine (except hers is a 64-bit Win7), with a different driver. She has a Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 Adapter with a Driver Version 3.1.1307.364 (date is 8/8/2013). Her's works perfectly everyday. But I understand this is probably the driver for the 64-bit.

Can someone help me find the equivalent for a 32-bit Win7? I've searched endlessly on Google with no results. Thanks!

view
view

Unfortunately, this issue hasn't come up before (I'm the first with an E7240 with 32-bit Win7 on it). And IT is beyond swamped at the moment with other machines and bigger fish to fry so their lead time is another couple of months before they can even begin to look into. I did talk to one of the IT guys on the side and he did call Dell for me, but Dell wasn't aware of any issue. I believe the E7240 ships with Win8 Pro on it so they are aware of more Win8 issues.

I've only just got around to bluetooth headphones and it's very underwhelming. Most of my computers have Windows 10 and using a bluetooth set of headphones is more trouble than it's worth. If it's worse with an old OS like W7 that's no surprise either. You could use a wired solution and I do that with my laptop or if you look on eBay there is a massive range of USB plug in bluetooth transmitter dongles. The fact that there's a market for all these dongles is proof of how messed up bluetooth is.

"Running 32-bit Windows 7 (I have to have 32-bit due to some software I have)"

Just wondering if you could get the system to run with Win8.1 64 bit and manage the special software with a compatibility mode or emulator.

Back