Intel E6300 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

edit: my apologies, i think i posted this in the wrong forum, reposting in modding. mods, please delete if i did indeed post incorrectly.
hey all,
couple of questions about my E6300 (conroe).
i've heard that the E6300s have half of their L2 cache disabled, is it possible to reenable it?
i've also heard that the E6300s are REALLY easy to OC, can anyone suggest some stable settings in the 2.2 ghz ballpark? note i have a 3rd party cooler but its only stock rated.
lastly, i was checking crysis requirements and noticed that they think i need at least a E6700 or so to run it properly, is crysis really such a gigantic processor hog? can i manage alright by getting an 8800 gt and relying on my 3 gig of ram?

hello alisbin, all i have the modle right above your processor the E6400 only difrence between them both is that mine is 2.1Ghz ive overclocked mine all the way to 3.69Ghz and although my graphics card is bad i still get decent frames on crysis so a E6300 and 3gb of ram and a 8800gt would hit the spot u could prob run medium settings . since i dont have your processor i cant giv u exact settings if your new to the overclocking game i would suggest lowering your multiplier from X8 to X7 and then increase the bus speed by 5 or 10 each time. your proccesor normaly whould be able to hit 3.00Ghz but 2.2 is decent i guess. and last but not least ive never heard of unlocking the L2 cache but if u figure out how to please do share with us here at techspot =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back