Intel i3 or amd

hitech0101

My friend is building a desktop he has no budget for a gpu but he plans to add it in the future so should I suggest him intel i3 or look for amd a6 which will help in gaming better when added a gpu in future.

The Intel Core i3 is a better buy, but the quad core power of the AMD A8 and A10 may come in handy in the future.

Depends which i3 your talking about, depending on which one you choose and which version of the AMD chip you choose will decide which will be better in the long run. How much do you want to spend on the chip?

No, upon further inspection, he didn't answer his own question. The OP was actually five sentences, without punctuation marks between them. Plus, there's a period at the end of the last sentence. Which, (IMO) should be a question mark....Yeah I know, I'm a d***. So what?

Now that read my own post I feel I should have written it better.
Well, usually the shop owners here, ask us the budget and then give best configuration for our need. Now after visiting the shop he gave two suggestions
1.intel i3 3240 or amd A10 or amd fx 8320
2.intel i5 3470 or amd fx 8350
In the second option we adjusted budget by going for a cheaper keyboard/mouse,cabinet,psu, speakers and the hdd would also be cheap (of less storage capacity) also we reduced the monitor screen size from 20' to 18'.
Now please suggest which option would be better.Also my friend plans to add a gpu after a few months.
Thanks for the help.

Now that read my own post I feel I should have written it better.
Well, usually the shop owners here, ask us the budget and then give best configuration for our need. Now after visiting the shop he gave two suggestions
1.intel i3 3240 or amd A10 or amd fx 8320
2.intel i5 3470 or amd fx 8350
In the second option we adjusted budget by going for a cheaper keyboard/mouse,cabinet,psu, speakers and the hdd would also be cheap (of less storage capacity) also we reduced the monitor screen size from 20' to 18'.
Now please suggest which option would be better.Also my friend plans to add a gpu after a few months.
Thanks for the help.
At the moment if im understanding correctly, your stating that he is not going to get a GPU off the bat right? In that case, you cannot get a FX 8320/8350 because they dont have an on board GPU and I cant think of a board with a built in GPU off the top of my head.

Heres going to be the punchline:
My suggestion is to get an A10-6800K or A10-6700 Because
A: They are going to be the cheaper solution with the better performance to the budget stated
B: The Motherboards are cheaper
C: The On-Board GPU is the most powerful of the listed which will be beneficial till you get a GPU
D: You will be able to add a GPU on later for a good price to improve upon it and its a quad core.

....[ ].....Well, usually the shop owners here, ask us the budget and then give best configuration for our need. Now after visiting the shop he gave two suggestions

1.intel i3 3240 or amd A10 or amd fx 8320.
If you went with Intel, the i3-3225 would be a better choice. AFAIK, the i3-3240 has the HD-2500 graphics. The i3-3225 has the HD-4000 graphics, which are much superior. (A better, "tide me over" video solution. The 3225's native clock speed is slower that the 3240 though.

With energy consumption factored in, Intel's offering is the better choice, consuming only 55 watts, GPU and all.

AMD would give you better bang for the buck, electric bill be damned.

One more thing guys, on this site the amd fx 8250 is much higher bench marked than the i3 processors elsewhere the difference was much less or similar which one is better
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
The AMD FX 8350 (Im assuming that you meant that or the 8320) is more powerful and will last you longer overall. However because there is no on board GPU your going to need something cheap to output on.

Back