Intel Motherboard D945 with an Intel 2.8ghz lighting but not posting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for any help I really do appreciate it.. My motherboard when powered is showing the green led light but the CPU fan is not spinning and the monitor is not lighting either. No beep codes either so am I correct in assuming that there is a problem with either the motherboard or the CPU, can I get any help please?? Thanks again

Sounds like a motherboard or power supply. What's your motherboard's brand name and model number? Also, what is the power supply's brand name, wattage, and model number?

Regards :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Okay the motherboard is an Intel D945PSN or GNT and the power supply is a brand new jpac 550 Watt ATX Dual Fan Power Supply w/24pin /20pin. Thanks for any help.

I tried another working power supply and there is no difference so we can assume that the problem is not the power supply. I tried booting without any memory sticks to see if there is a change but its the same. Thanks again

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

kitty500cat said:
I think it's the mobo. but before you get another one, anybody else agree or disagree?

I concur, it`s probably the mobo.

However, it is possible for the cpu to be faulty, but I think it`s unlikely. If you`re in any doubt, you can always have your cpu tested at your local pc repair shop. This will only cost a few dollars.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back