TechSpot

Intel Motherboard D945 with an Intel 2.8ghz lighting but not posting..

By elacesar2
Feb 10, 2007
  1. Thanks for any help I really do appreciate it.. My motherboard when powered is showing the green led light but the CPU fan is not spinning and the monitor is not lighting either. No beep codes either so am I correct in assuming that there is a problem with either the motherboard or the CPU, can I get any help please?? Thanks again

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Sounds like a motherboard or power supply. What's your motherboard's brand name and model number? Also, what is the power supply's brand name, wattage, and model number?

Regards :)

3. elacesar2

elacesar2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. Okay the motherboard is an Intel D945PSN or GNT and the power supply is a brand new jpac 550 Watt ATX Dual Fan Power Supply w/24pin /20pin. Thanks for any help.

4. kitty500cat

It sounds like a power supply problem; do you have a spare PSU or motherboard you could try?

5. elacesar2

I tried another working power supply and there is no difference so we can assume that the problem is not the power supply. I tried booting without any memory sticks to see if there is a change but its the same. Thanks again

6. kitty500cat

Yeah, it sounds like a mobo problem.

7. elacesar2

Do you think the Mobo is shot or could it be the CPU?

8. kitty500cat

I think it's the mobo. but before you get another one, anybody else agree or disagree?

9. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I concur, it`s probably the mobo.

However, it is possible for the cpu to be faulty, but I think it`s unlikely. If you`re in any doubt, you can always have your cpu tested at your local pc repair shop. This will only cost a few dollars.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

10. elacesar2

Thanks everyone for the help i will keep trying..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.