Intel motherboard suddenly stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

I have got this motherboard : Intel Desktop Board D860PERL,,,,,,I just tried to change the case for it, now it does not work.

I unplug all the cables (CD and HD ,,the FAN does not spin (some time just start to spin and then stops) . I removed the cmos battery does not fix the issue.

I tried another power supply same thing still going on.

I have got another motherboard it behaved same thing with both power supplies? I do not know if I did something wrong with cablings ?

For the CPU fan to work (testing) do we need to connect the cables to a front panel jumper,,,,,I do not thing so,,,,,but I did connect them

You probably do not have the proper power supply connection(s) to the motherboard. There is a power supply connection to a plug near the Intel CPU. This plug could have 4, 6, or 8 pins. Most common is a 6 pin. You have to be very careful to select the right power supply connection. Sometimes a 4 pin connector fits into a 6 pin plug...

And YES, you need to connect the front power switch to the proper motherboard pins to power up the computer

You probably do not have the proper power supply connection(s) to the motherboard.
Yes i do have that connection, how can i check if the motherboard is dead or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back