TechSpot

Intel motherboard suddenly stops

By zillah
Aug 30, 2008
  1. I have got this motherboard : Intel Desktop Board D860PERL,,,,,,I just tried to change the case for it, now it does not work.

I unplug all the cables (CD and HD ,,the FAN does not spin (some time just start to spin and then stops) . I removed the cmos battery does not fix the issue.

I tried another power supply same thing still going on.

I have got another motherboard it behaved same thing with both power supplies? I do not know if I did something wrong with cablings ?

For the CPU fan to work (testing) do we need to connect the cables to a front panel jumper,,,,,I do not thing so,,,,,but I did connect them

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You probably do not have the proper power supply connection(s) to the motherboard. There is a power supply connection to a plug near the Intel CPU. This plug could have 4, 6, or 8 pins. Most common is a 6 pin. You have to be very careful to select the right power supply connection. Sometimes a 4 pin connector fits into a 6 pin plug...

And YES, you need to connect the front power switch to the proper motherboard pins to power up the computer

3. zillah

zillah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

Yes i do have that connection, how can i check if the motherboard is dead or not ?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.