Intel Pent4 3.2Ghz. Safe Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I have an Intel Pentium4 3.2Ghz CPU, at idle I am getting 114.8F
I obtained the information from a program called Sysoft Sandra
Could you tell me if you feel this temp is too high or within a safe range.
Sysoft Sandra's notation...(1) Fan Failed or spinning too slowly.
Any information will be apprelciated.
Thank you,
RickM :wave:

i'm not an expert on cpu's, but what i did was get a program like mother board monitor, or cpu eat and cool, etc etc etc to monitor your board's temperatures and cool as necessary. bottom line is, if the cpu gets too hot, your system will crash. try messing around in bios or see if there is some way to get your fan to stay on all time or adjust the fan speed. these things you can also do with mother board monitor or similar programs.

here is a link to a site that has many utilities for cooling down your cpu and other stuff: http://majorgeeks.com/downloads14.html look at some of the other stuff there. its pretty cool too.

That is not real high, if it is a prescott, they tend to run hotter. If it's a 3.2C Northwood, 2 or 3 C lower would be nice. The important point is what temp is it running at full load? As long as it stays under 60C (140F) You're safe. You don't want it to go past 70C (158F) or you should worry. Do you know what core it is? The L2 cache. If it's 512k it's a Northwood. If it's 1 or 2 MBs it's a Prescott. I'd be more worried about the warning on the fan speed. What is it showing the RPMs are for the CPU fan. Are you using a stock heat sink that came with the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back