Intel PRO 2915 ABG and Dell Latitude x200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

Hi i was wondering if the dell latitude x200 supports the Intel PRO 2915 ABG internal wireless card. i have tried everything to get the thing to work. i installed the drivers, and intels proset software but its not letting me connect to anything. in device manager there is a yellow bubble next to the intel wireless card. in the properties\device status it says that the device might not be working properly: "the device wont start" error 10. then in the next tab after general, is intels tab from their driver it shows everything about the wireless card and it says that wireless is enabled. but at the way bottom it says firmware version: unknown and mac adress: 00:00:00:00. so after several hours i got frustrated and now think either the card is messed up, or this laptop wont support this newer kind of card. anyhelp is apreciated. thanks in advance.

Hmm, the X200 (or 200M) is the graphics chip of the 1150M, i have one on the notebook im using now.

I can't tell you if it's compatible as im not sure, i personally hate working with notebooks. I can offer a suggestion for one that will work, a card with the Broadcom 43xx chip, mine is the 4311.

Hope this helps a little bit.

thanks for the quick reply. well ive tried everything i know that could be the issue, so either the system board doesnt support it. or the cards doa. whatever the case, im just gona get an external card. thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back