Intel Processors price cuts soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Intel sure is getting prepared for this year's battle against AMD new processors that will be introduced during the first and second halves of 2003. With two price cuts already scheduled for the whole line of Pentium 4 CPUs, we will have 3GHz products hitting mainstream very soon and giving room for faster models to be introduced.

Intel will pull out its scissors next month to make the first of two price cuts scheduled for this quarter, sources say. The price cuts for the desktop chips, including the top-of-the-line 3.06GHz Pentium 4, will range from about $25 to $50, sources said.

A $25 to $50 dollar price cut on a P4 3.06? They sell for $1100 here before tax! Gee, I hope this generosity on the part of Intel doesn't hurt them financially! This news item is part of the reason I will never buy a processor from Intel! They can go to hell!

Thanks for the pricing info Julio. I am in Canada though, so $600 US is hitting the $1000 level here.
I can buy an AMD TBred 2800 for $500 CAN. so the P43.6 is double the price here. That's my beef, I feel that the Intel proc. is way overpriced. It's a great processor, no doubt about that, but I am not in any position to pay a grand for one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back