Intel Q6600 cooling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFox911

Ok im getting my q6600 tomorrow,(and yes i know penryn is coming out soon,but o well), i am going to buy a new cooler for it and was wondering if i should just order the thermalrite ultra 120 extreme off newegg and have to wate, or if i should go out to frys and posibbly by the asus silent night cooler, or artic square.? Is the Thermalrite extream, that much better? or could i just use one of those other 2? Ive read some reviews of the silent night and it seems good, i just need your opinion. I dont belive i will be overclocking alot, mabey from 2.4 to 2.6 ghz.

There is another cooler on the market that you didn't mention. It's called Tuniq made by Sunbeam. The Tuniq 120 tower cooler runs cooler than the other coolers in the tests I've seen. I think it's worth looking into.

Ya i know about the turniq tower, but everyone i ask say that the thermalrite ultra 120 extreme is better. I just need to know how much better it is than the silent knight,or the artic square

If you are seriously only going to clock a G0 stepping Q6600 to 2,6gHz, then you might as well stick with the stock cooler. It will easily handle that.

Obviously that also means the others you mention will be fine too.

well mabey not 2.6, i think im gunna be going to at least 3.0 ghz, can anyone answer my question?

Well I dont know the exact name (sorry!) but I read in Custom pc magazine that the q6600 can be OC'ed to 3.6ghz with only a £15 cooler, So id say you could easily reach 3ghz on any of those coolers yous specified with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back