Intel releases new details on the 14-nm tablet focused Core M Broadwell processors

By Justin Kahn
Aug 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Today, Intel released new details on the chip manufacturing process it has been developing along with information regarding the first product that will come out of it. After a delay of over 6 months because of technical issues, the first...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,108   +1,377

It reads: According to Intel, nVidia and AMD are both out of business, thanks to Rani Borkar, who just switched over to smoking something 7 times stronger...

P.S. We are all but of little wants, just the good'al world domination...
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TS Guru Posts: 643   +226

When I read that the graphics performance of Intels next-gen CPUs would be 7x better than previous models I was very impressed and excited like a little school boy on his first day of school. But you have cast a dark cloud over my hope of this being true. I think you should be penalized for that. My joy has turned to sorrow.

Sounds like you are calling Intel's vice president a liar. Is this so?
    VitalyT likes this.
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

Without having to compete with AMD on the high end, ARM should be at least a little worried. Not worried about this chip, but future chips if Broadwell is a hit. Intel engineers are not to be f*cked with.
    havok585 and Matt12345170 like this.
  5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

New to the world of PR bumpf ?
    As is usual, it is a cumulative number based on some best case scenario that can't be replicated more than one time in a million.
    On the actual factual side, the silicon is 82mm², the graphics cores number 24 (up from 20 in Haswell), and the actual TDP is in the 10-15W range ( I think thermally it is supposed to be sub-5W for most vendor applications)...oh, and it's dual core - the quad seems to be a later arrival.
    Since Intel haven't released any piffling info such as core clocks or boost states, it makes any independent comparison to Haswell a complete waste of time.
  6. chip igmo

chip igmo TS Member Posts: 51

And the new amd pr line is no longer 10x better than intel gpu: amd has more cores than the competition...

seriously, amd needs to shape up. maybe the ceo of qualcomm can take over amd?