Intel to use 2GHz Pentium 4 to squeeze AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang, Found this at the Inquirer this morning.

Intel to use 2GHz Pentium 4 to squeeze AMD

Second quarter battlelines drawn
By Mike Magee, 27/03/2002 09:33:41 BST

PART OF INTEL'S STRATEGY on the desktop is to turn its 2GHz Pentium 4 into the entry level microprocessor during the second quarter.

Full Story at Inquirer

It is good news for Intel users, but for us AMD followers we know that the XP will come down alot when the Throughbreds come out. And from what I've heard the Throughbreds will not be very expensive either. So, I don't believe AMD will be "squeezed" by this "strategy" of Intel.

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
It is good news for Intel users, but for us AMD followers we know that the XP will come down alot when the Throughbreds come out. And from what I've heard the Throughbreds will not be very expensive either. So, I don't believe AMD will be "squeezed" by this "strategy" of Intel.

I agree with you Super. And not long after that, which is only about 7 months away, Hammer will come out. Now that will be a day of reconing !!

Ahhh yes the day of Hammer! My mouth is watering as I type. Anyone have a countdown to when that day will be? I want to count the days until I build my next computer!!!

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Ahhh yes the day of Hammer! My mouth is watering as I type. Anyone have a countdown to when that day will be? I want to count the days until I build my next computer!!!

Super, Goto Cup,chips etc. I just posted another story on hammer with pics and all....enjoy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back