Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Just noticed this bit over at www.theinquirer.net:

Intel, Via lawyers drag INQ into Pentium 4 patent battle

What's it gotta do with us?

By Mike Magee, 08/04/2002 20:38:55 BST

http://www.theinquirer.net/08040213.htm

CHIP GIANTS Intel and Via have made a story by the INQUIRER the centre of their legal battle in the UK over alleged patent infringements over the Pentium 4.

This, said editor-in-chief Mike Magee is the pot calling the kettle black and he has refused to appear as a witness for or against the case.

The story that will be used in court - if it gets to court, is Intel 'will sue Via' over Pentium 4". In that story, like any other sensible person, we reported what the Economic News of Taiwan said.

The story on the INQUIRER appeared on the 10th of August last, and quoted an Intel APAC president as saying his firm would take legal action against any firm that contravened Pentium 4 patents.

The case is set to start in December of this year and has legal implications worldwide, as the two CPU firms battle over the Pentium 4.

But the problem for the INQUIRER is that both firms have had lawyers call us, asking for the background to the story.

Under UK law, we believe we are not allowed to tender one story or another and have to tell the truth.

Which we will do.

Journalists should not be subpoenad into corporate cases like this however, we believe.

Seems like being a reporter ain't all that fun... {g}

Yeah know what you mean Lokum. I always thought being a war corrispondant would be cool til I realized they want to shoot at the fool with the camera too. ;)

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Yeah know what you mean Lokum. I always thought being a war corrispondant would be cool til I realized they want to shoot at the fool with the camera too. ;)

That's very saddening as well. remember the reporter who had his throat slit? :(

Originally posted by lokem

That's very saddening as well. remember the reporter who had his throat slit? :(

Yes I do, a very tragic day indeed. Being killed simply because someone doesn't like your country or your beliefs. But then again, is there a good reason to kill someone. Amyway, lets changed the subject. We don't need to get into the whole killing game. Agree ?

So how you been there on the other side of the world Lokum ?

Originally posted by boeingfixer

Yes I do, a very tragic day indeed. Being killed simply because someone doesn't like your country or your beliefs. But then again, is there a good reason to kill someone. Amyway, lets changed the subject. We don't need to get into the whole killing game. Agree ?

So how you been there on the other side of the world Lokum ?

Agreed ;) It's been pretty slow lately in terms of news wise, but very hectic work wise :D And your good self?

Originally posted by lokem

Agreed ;) It's been pretty slow lately in terms of news wise, but very hectic work wise :D And your good self?

About the same. You know, I have a friend that told me once, "God never gives you more than you can handle". Well I have a family of 4, work full time for the airlines, build computers on the side, play bass in our church worship team, and try to keep my wife happy(which is a full time job in it self) and then surf and post. So I am very busy most times... ;)

Just curious, what is the weather like over there on the other side of the world ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back