Intelligent life on Mars?

Eric Legge

Did human life exist on Mars millions of years ago? Did it, and all life on Mars, perish in a nuclear war?

Have a look at this structure photographed on Mars and make up your own mind if you think it's a natural phenomenon or a manufactured structure. -

http://www.enterprisemission.com/images/arthur.jpg

There is a three-dimensional saucer a mile long shown here -

http://www.enterprisemission.com/images/marssaucer.jpg

And here are the pyramids and the face on Mars -

http://www.enterprisemission.com/mission.html

And here is an image showing a buried city on Mars -

http://www.enterprisemission.com/ir_analysis.html

This is the site's home page that is also worth a look -

http://www.enterprisemission.com/

Eric,
http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

OK, this is pure sci-fi, but lets suppose for a moment that life did exist on Mars millions of years ago. A creature somewhat like a reptile or a mammal evolved intelligence, opposable thumbs, the wheel, the sword, the plough and finally the nuclear bomb.

Who knows what they fell out about. Which "great lizard" was the true God... who knows? Anyway, they pressed the button and a nuclear war started, and within a very small space of time, they were all wiped out.

Millions of years went by and eventually life started to have a go at evolving on Earth instead. Forget that Mars place, its a radioactive mess. Up comes primordial soup, dinosaurs, neanderthals and finally Tony Blair and George Bush.

Is history doomed to repeat itself? Will one day some future life that springs up somewhere else in the Solar System come to Earth and wonder what happened to us.....?

He who does not learn from the past, is doomed to make the same mistakes in the future.

We have yet to discover evidence of intelligent life here on Earth, never mind Mars.

Now that certainly is true. Walking about the street sometimes, seeing some of the unemployed no-hopers here who inject drugs all over their bodies and fight with knives and never work in their lives, I wonder if the human being is an intelligent life form, or we just think that we are.

Perhaps, compared to some of the intelligence out there, we are just like bacteria.....

I guess evolution is just so slow, and its hit or miss whether or not we survive long enough to evolve into something altogether more intelligent than the norm. Actually I don't really blame many of those unfortunate people that are on drugs, as society is not altogether very fair. Most of those people are just trying to escape to somewhere they think is better.

That Mars stuff is certainly interesting, though it will probably amount to very little in the end.

You know, your gonna hate me for it but I must say it. I am SURE that any life on Mars or other planets is easily more intelligent than what we have here on Earth. Even most martian rocks have more brains that lots of us.

Life on Mars? Well, not anymore for sure. :)

There are plenty of different ways to live on this planet though, although it seems (to me) that we have structured in such a way that makes it very difficult for certain people.

I find society very interesting; moreover, the structure for capatilism and similiar isms. Information, convenience and protection for the price of privacy, our time and freedom. Maybe you will notice the parallels here... Information for privacy... Conveniece for our time.... Protection for freedom... Seems odd to trade these things. And the very foundation of our entire society is based on this, so do away with one would make it inevitably untangle.

A moneyless utopian society COULD exist, but no one can convert current society to this. And worst of all, no group of human beings could possibly maintain a utopia because we are far from perfect. So what we have come up with is an imperfect model to accept varying degrees of imperfection. Some individuals take advantage of this, some manipulate it, some let it just work on its own and others fight against it. But it works to some degree...

There are major flaws to any system that includes the human equation I think. I believe we are capable of conceiving something ideal, but are unable to actually act upon, create and maintain such a thing.

Perhaps one day we will evolve to support our civilization without ill intent (Working to better humankind instead of money) and then we will be able to do away with currency. I believe this is the biggest problem with how modern society is currently wired.

We gave up bartering in favor of currency.. Then we had to give currency value by working for it because we no longer had to work for our goods. The reason we have to assign currency value through labor is because no one will work elsewise, so progress would be stagnet. If we do away with money, then become naturally ambitious, we eliminate poverty, many forms of crime and much more.

Money stifles societal progress. The problem with capitilism is it is based on making money then making progress. It keeps us going right now because we get something in return which gives us ambition to do our parts... But if we were naturally ambitious to better society, we would not be limited by our pockets. Just imagine the things we could do with no monitary limits!

Have any of you ever thought about a life without currency?
Sorry, but all the talk about evolution and nuclear bombs made me think of this stuff. ;)

Lol, Rick, that was deep, and long.

Ok heres my theory:
Have you guys ever heard of the 'big bang theory'? It's where scientists think that the universe was all one little tiny dot, and it exploded out, in exponential form. It's theorized that it's like a rubber band, when the maximum stretch is reached, it's coming back, and so will the universe go back to a dot agian.

Couldn't this mean that maybe life on Earth was not possible if so this theory is true due to the closeness of the sun? What if Mars was a little closer to the sun, moreso like Earth and Earth being somewhat in Venus' spot?

It's all a bunch of crazy %&$%. By the way, correct me if I'm wrong on the 'big bang theory'.

All I have to say is: what makes us think were the only ones out in this massive universe?

sorry I"m not following XtR-X, I do have a better "big bang" knowledge than most if not all of you guys here from college classes, and I'll try to explain stuff if you are confused.

I have a small, but working knowledge of the "Big Bang Theory". I think what XTR-X is suggesting is pretty far fetched. :)

You have to think on a much larger scale than just our solar system... Even our galaxy or cluster of galaxies.

I do not think the Big Bang effects our planets enough to make an appreciable difference in its distance from the sun. When the big bang initially occurred, these planets did not exist to start with.

You have to understand that our planets are held in position by the Sun, not the center of the cosmos. And the Sun is held in place by larger forces etc.. Even our galaxy is directed by something denser and even THAT is probably influenced by something with even MORE gravity.. And so on.

The Universe is so expansive, I would liken it to dropping marbles on the floor, letting them spread out and then pushing them together again... Imagine the marbles are super clusters of billions of galaxies each and the atoms in the marbles are stars and the electrons that circle the atoms are planets. They keep the same distance and consistency despite the marbles being pushed together. This is because they are on SUCH a small scale.

And the Big Bang spans over SUCH a large timeline, that Mars was still a spot of dust and gas over an infinitesimily small period of expansion and contraction.

I'm no scientist, but I'm hoping what I just typed might make sense. ;)

And recently the introduction of "dark matter" or "dark energy" has me thinking differently about the Big Bang. Some scientists believe our Universe is actually expanding faster than ever and gaining more momentum. Perhaps it will never shrink!

Who knows and who cares! I'll be dead for over 100,000,000 years probably.

That was an excellent description of the big bang theory Rick.

What makes me curious is how could anything have possibly survived such a massive explosion?

What about all the heat that was present?

How did life evolve from all this?

Maybe the 'big bang' was just a side show and other things were also in existence around the area of the big bang. They would have been blown outwards along with everything else.

Maybe the big bang was really just like a star going supernova, but on a much larger scale, and we are all part of something much larger, but cannot see it from where we are.

I guess many questions will continue to remain unanswered and the fact that we all exist is the strangest thing of all.

Originally posted by Rick
[size=7]Who knows and who cares! I'll be dead for over 100,000,000 years probably.[/size]

Gaw, here at TS we really do get into these goofy convos eh...and this is at a computer hardware related website!
(no, I didnt read a thing above, except for 1 thing that caught my eye (the quote^^))

nice articles, i kinda want to believe those statements are true.
about the bigbang theory, some of the latest studies show that the universe is still expanding, and that in avery long long time our galaxie will crash with another one that is close (when this galaxie gets closer we will be able to see it at night from the earth, well thats if theres still humans on earth)

I do not think the Big Bang effects our planets enough to make an appreciable difference in its distance from the sun. When the big bang initially occurred, these planets did not exist to start with.
Forgot about that, crossed my mind.

I'm no scientist, and I'm still in high school (junior).

Originally posted by Nic
That was an excellent description of the big bang theory Rick.

What makes me curious is how could anything have possibly survived such a massive explosion?

Easy. Nothing survived because life did not exist before the "Big Bang". The Big Bang is what CREATED life (after all the Big Bang theory was thought up because scientists wondered how life was created and where it came from), but it took millions of years for life to slowly began to exist. Starting with small bacteria and other organisms that eventually evolved into other organisms and got larger. (obviously we are larger than bacteria).

What are you guys talking about? Where exactly do you think I am from, are you saying I am not intelligent ;) .

Are you religious?
If so, then please read no further as you are likely to be offended. ***

But seriously, I wouldn't rule out any theories, besides the *****ic religious ones of course. I mean really, has anyone here actually read the bible? If you take a close look you will realize that several stories in it completely contradict each other, it is ridiculous to believe in something that proves itself wrong - don't ask me for examples as I have none, but I can assure you that you will find what I have mentioned sooner or later, if not already!

The most logical theory I have heard is the Big Bang theory, no magic crap involved, no super powers, and certainly no "let there be light" phases. I am Big Bang all the way, at least until another more convincing story presents itself ;) .

My apologies if I offended anyone with anything I have said in this post, but these are my views, and I support them.

***Now remember, I DID warn you.

The Big Bang theory does not attempt to explain the beginning of the Universe or even the beginnings of life. However, the big bang is possibly part of the puzzle... if it is indeed true.

The Big Bang Theory exists to explain the patterns and the slow evolution of the Universe over many billions of years. It explains radiation, expansion, temperatures etc.. But not the creation of matter & energy in the cosmos.

It's hard to explain how nothing can turn into something... How a place without time can begin... And this may be a question that no one has the answer in the entire universe. Even religious people have to ask the question, "If a God created our universe, then who created that God?". Religion is NOT an answer to the creation of the Universe either, as it also opens another even more puzzling question.

It could even be an answerless question or perhaps even invalid. Who knows? Maybe "beginning and end" are not required. Perhaps there was no beginning.. Maybe the Universe has always been here and will continue to be and origin as we know it is a false human understanding.

To ease my mind at night while I'm dreaming of the stars, I settle for the explanation that there was NOT a beginning. It makes logical no sense, but if it could be proven, it does answer the origin of Universe. ;)

You people can't seriously believe that life started from nothing, surely?

If there was a big bang then what was it that exploded and where did it come from?

We are all part of something much larger, that we'll never know about because it cannot be seen, and we could not understand it even if we could see it.

If we discovered that there was previously life on Mars, then it would change a lot of things for us here on Earth. I would love for this to happen during my lifetime as it would change a lot of peoples lives knowing that we are not alone in this universe. Maybe then religious beliefs will vanish and we will all be able to live together in peace.

There was a recent documentary on TV that discussed the latest research which shows that we are all hard-wired (in our brains) with a tendancy to believe in religion and God. What no ones knows yet is whether or not it was God that hard-wired us to have these beliefs.

Originally posted by Nic
There was a recent documentary on TV that discussed the latest research which shows that we are all hard-wired (in our brains) with a tendancy to believe in religion and God. What no ones knows yet is whether or not it was God that hard-wired us to have these beliefs.

There is an interesting and well written book entitled, 'The God Part of the Brain'. It explains that religion is a device to cope with our existence as we are the only (or at least one of the only) beings on Earth with enough reasoning to explore our past and future. It also gives some details and proof to support this conclusion.

We recognize birth and death, and to deal with this, religion is nature's safety switch to ease our apprehensions.

Existentialism is indeed such a lonely existence...

As far as is there life on Mars, no there isn't (at least as far as what we can find on the surface), but was there? Yes. This has been proven due to the fact that we have found bacteria on Mars. It isnt exactly intelligent life, but Bacteria IS a form of life. So yes this proves that there is or was life on other planets, but for some reason not everyone has heard about this or realizes that it means there WAS at least life on other planets. And if we found bacteria on Mars then that either means there was life on Mars, possibly still is under the surface somewhere, or it is even possible that fragments from other planets landed on Mars along with bacteria and that bacteria from another planet is what we came across.

And yes, as Rick said, the Big Bang Theory does not at all disprove any religion whether there is one or not. Let's say we know that it is true that there is a God and that he said "let there be light" and there was. Well, the Big Bang may have been part of that creation, after all it is well known that in the Bible before God said "let there be" this and that, nothing existed, just as nothing really existed before the Big Bang. So don't make the assumption that the Big Bang in any way dissproves any religion.

As far as Time, us humans created Time. It is only a perception of what we believe a passage of change to be. We are but a blink in the eye of existance and existance has existed for at LEAST billions of years, and that billion years is only what we can estimate. It is IMPOSSIBLE for us to estimate anything beyond that with science or our own imaginations, or anything that we possess, because we only know what we have seen and perceived things to be in our life. We could exist for another billion years and still not understand the past because we will only know those few decades that we were alive. We can't improve on the thoughts of others because they are not our thoughts, so no matter how long we live we can never figure these things out. We are a simple species, and I am sure that all species in existance are also simple and plain just like us because of the fact that they are nothing but a species and not some higher existance. Unless maybe we eventually evolve to something like that but I highly doubt it, but that is only because of what I know. I can't possibly imagine and began to understand the things that can, have been, and will be possible. This leads me to believe that I can not disprove, or say that anything isn't possible because how can I or anyone else really know.

We all believe what we believe because our small minds learn from our experience and that experience is nothing extroidnary. Then during our small insignificant lives we are influenced by others small minds and experiences and beliefs, and even though some of us choose to be influenced by some things, we are also influenced and changed by things that we dont even know influence us -- from a simple breeze that makes us shiver, to a toilet we heard flush down the hall, to War's that we think we understand. We experience only a blink in the eye of the universe's existance. How can we know anything more? We think that we can imagine anything that we wish to, but we can't.

Also, never belive that you can disprove anything outside of this world and/or in the past, because you would only be fooling yourself. There are ALWAYS some ways to prove the past (actually we only THINK we can prove these things), what might happen in the future and what is outside of this world but there are always ways to seemingly disprove what we believe.

The only real truth we will ever know is what we find in ourselves, and to be true to who we are, to never change because of another human beings influence because they too are nothing but a blink in the eye of existance just as we are -- so they too cannot possibly know the past, the future, or of anything outside of this world.

So you say why believe religion? Well I say it is up to you what you believe. No one can prove anything. What counts is that you make your own decision. No one has the answers for you, in any form and never will. You will never know the truth until the day that you die. If you blink out of existance forever then you will not know anything but if your Soul rises into some other "dimenision" and you are facing God then you will immediately know the truth about religion, but until that day all you can do is trust in your self and make the decision you believe that YOU should make. Don't rely on anyone else's beliefs or what they think is true or false.

*insert 2 cents here*

If you really sit down and read what I said without just skimming through it and really kind of think about it, it would make a lot of sense to you.

..and no I haven't been drinking. What I said above explains a lot about the way that I think and I saw the chance to put in my opinion on something that most of the world never even thinks about, that is part of my daily life because it is how I perceive the world in many ways, and put in my 2 cents.

It's only my perception of things though. What you think I am sure is MUCH different.

I understood everything you said. I just made that comment because your post rambled on a lot, as if you had been drinking. Opinions are what makes each of us reconsider our own thoughts, and as such are always welcome. Some people might lose the plot when reading such long posts, and fail to absorb what it is you are saying :=).

Back