TechSpot

Intel's new Z3000 Bay Trail chips for tablets have 2x CPU and 3x GPU performance

By Justin Kahn
Sep 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Intel's Clover Trail chips for low-power devices have had a decent showing on devices carrying them, but there's no question that the line's performance is questionable when it comes to things like graphic intensive applications. The good news is that...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

0 x 2 = ?
    0 x 3 = ?

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  3. Well aren't we just a little ray of sunshine...

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

Three times better than this crap:

[​IMG]

Intel should keep it. I had a netbook with one of those back then, it was unusably slow. Never again.

5. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Booster Posts: 295   +50

I think that netbook was totally different from Clover Trail; most ARMs would totally suck in Super PI due to the lack of FPU.

6. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,189   +244

So where are these benchmarks? As all I read was "We have a new trail chip mah mah misleading title with no evidence of dis x2,x3 performance maw maw maw" Next time don't just spew junk give evidence I was hoping to see something besides the "This stuff gives 10x better performance than the junk we had 3years ago but who cares about what happened 3 years ago right as we haven't done a single thing since then until today!"

7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,966   +389

Dear god an atom at 1.6 performs worse than a celeron M at 900MHZ? what kind of atrocity is this?

wastedkill likes this.
  8. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,947   +728

You mean like these?...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and one of the slides from IDF 2013 taking place at the moment comparing Silvermont with the previous Atom Z2xxx series (Saltwell)
    [​IMG]
    ...as well as the comparison between the same Saltwell SoC and Silvermont in an Android bench...
    [​IMG]

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,062   +919

Intel needs to lose the Atom name. People associate the Atom with netbooks and slow PCs.

EEatGDL likes this.
  10. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,715   +89

They have dual core 1.5GHz runs at 1.4.9GHz 64-bit Atom already still slow. I won't bother to get 4th Atom CPU, just make i3 to use less battery power instead. Intel huge CPU company still wants to push Atom all over us.

11. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,189   +244

Ha no wonder they didn't include them or proof in the article.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.