Interfering program? (xp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a bit of a strange problem. every 15 minutes on the dot a little box opens up on the open program bar at the bottom with no name. although it doesnt generally interefere with programs it does with games and shuts them down. i have scanned my pc with a full norton scan, adaware scan and spybot scan and they show up nothing.

i have checked through task manager for anything odd but nothing dodgy comes up. can anybody help?

Just in case it`s a spyware/malware problem take a look HERE and follow the instructions very carefully.

Then when you`ve done that take a look HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

ive spent ages going through the steps shown but i still cant find anything wrong. here is my HJT log:

Alcxmntr.exe Realtek AC97 Audio - Event Monitor. Sypware file used surreptitiously monitor one's actions. It is not a sinister one, like remote control programs, but is being used by Realtek to gather data about customers

this maybe what is causing your problem try removing it and see if that helps as it's not needed for your sound card to work or anything of that nature.

Darth_Terra1, Wish it were that simple!

Biagrin:
Boot in Safe Mode.
Run HJT on its own, and let it 'fix':
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.blueyonder.co.uk
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.blueyonder.co.uk
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &WordWeb... - res://C:\WINDOWS\wweb32.dll/lookup.html
ALL lines with O15 - Trusted Zone:
O15 --->>> You do NOT trust ANYbody EVER <<<---
ALL lines with O16 - DPF:

When done, delete C:\WINDOWS\wweb32.dll/lookup.html (Probably 2 files, one dll and one html)

HJT can NOT fix this:
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'xfire_lsp_10650.dll' missing
Go see my thread: Broken Internet access with xxx.dll - LSPFIX www.techspot.com/vb/topic18355.html
and substitute xfire_lsp_8742.dll with 'your' missing file name.
Do NOT delete ANY other files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back