Intermittent Sound Issues

KingWASD

This is a strange one. Over the last few days I've been having issues with my sound only working with certain programs. I get sound with anything in Chrome and from within Windows sound options but not in anything else I've tested: Games (Steam and Origin), Spotify, and VLC. This is consistent with my headset (USB), headphones (rear 3.5 mm), and monitor speakers (DP). I have tried a few configurations in the Sound part of the Control Panel, windows troubleshooting, and I've updated all drivers and corresponding software for Realtek, Nvidia, and Logitech. I really think this is an issue somewhere in Windows that I can't seem to find. Let me know what other information I need to provide. Thanks in advance!

You are quoting every reply... Go to the little window on the far left of the taskbar. Opposite click and choose Control Panel, select Sound and make sure that only 1 sound device is active. Sometimes more than one sound device is active messing with the sound reproduction

It says my monitor is "ready" and my headphones are default. I disabled my monitor just to be safe but everything is the same.

Yep, only Windows and Chrome have sound. I pulled up the volume mixer and watched as different programs played music. Even though nothing is muted, the programs without audible sound don't show the green bars bouncing with the sounds as they would on functioning program. Pull up your own volume mixer if that didn't make sense, sorry.

It seems that there was some kind of compatibility issue with my version of Logitech Gaming Software. I uninstalled it and reinstalled an older version of the software and everything is working great! Thank you Tmagic650 for your suggestions and help.

Back