TechSpot

Intermittent Toshiba Tecra S1 display/lockup

By jamoosee
Oct 29, 2007
  1. Previously my Tecra laptop would not start up. A friend finally got it to boot by basically twisting the base of it over the corner of a table. Will now boot but randomly will lock up/freeze etc. Took it apart (luckily no parts leftover when put back together) and reseated all connectors. Same intermittent problem May be a cold solder joint but could not visually see any. There are 1000's of course.

Has anybody seen a similar problem ? Would appreciate a direction to follow. I do get the bunch of horizontal and vertical lines on the display intermittently as well, especially if I press down hard on any key.

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

It being a lappy, you need to seek professional help really.

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,693   +86

Which one you have?

I've done the samething to get one to work from spare parts from another. I got one working with wireless card. They use to sell for $4,000 but today nah!

The LCD panel is gone you need to replace it or find another one just like it would be cheaper.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.