Internal bluetooth / wifi - HP DV9543cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi there, i just got my DV9543cl and am quite loving it :) i can even play gothic 3 on almost maxed out settings, something that i dint expect from the 8600M GS card, altough not a 1440 resolution.
However my main problem is that i need to put bluetooth to the laptop as it only came with the wifi option.
i thought that i could upgrade to the "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth" card, in order to have wifi + bluetooth internally.
HP help/support advise me that i cannot upgrade this laptop to a internal wifi+bluetooth.
Can anyone share some wisdom to this? Is there an internal card i can use to install bluetooth to the laptop? mainly i need bluetooth for my connectivy with phone and also a bluetooth wireless mouse, so no extra devices hang out the laptop ports.

any ideas, much appreaciated .

thanks

The Guru's at HP say No... Go to some laptop parts websites and see if there is a 3rd party Bluetooth card available for your HP model. Do a Google search. If Blutooth is not an option for your model, I'm afraid that you are out of luck.

Shouldn't you have checked for the Blutooth option before you purchased the HP laptop?

well that was the initial idea. i bought the laptop from ebay and i noticed that the same laptop on hp website costed over 1000£, and i paid only 600£ which is the reason why i also like ebay. however the website contains also different hp models. e.g. some contain the same laptop as mine but with a "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth" card, where mine has only the "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection" card. I thought at time of purchase that i could swap this internal card.
this is also my main question. Can i actually change that card with one that supports wifi and bluetooth? since HP sells this card on some laptops.
I havent found the internal card on ebay or in fact in any shop in my area and dont know if this action would also be possible.

any advice much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back