internet connection help

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI ...im having problems with my internet connection. i think that it is a software problem and not hardware. i use DSL and after i set the Windows Firewall settings to default, my internet has stopped working. however, the network connections window shows that my port is receiving packets and info from the net. i have configured the internet option to automatically detect my LAN connection but i still cant log onto to the internet. i have since then reinstalled my C drive back to the factory mode and i still havent been able to access the internet through my DSL.

please help me with anything that i might be able to do inorder to get my internet connection back. i really need it and i've done all that i can possible think of. thank you

im using internet explorer. i have also tried using netscape navigator as well but no luck. the network connection reads that there is connection but i cant connect at all. my instant messeging isnt working as well. i already tried to PING the IP address and it gave me a "request timed out" respond. does anyone know how to configure the settings to make the IP work for my computer? thanks

perhaps you need to ensure your TCP/IP settings are valid. you'll find it in the properties windows for your network connection. your addresses should be set to sutomatic, provided you have a dhcp server on your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back