Internet connection issues that are apparently to do with driver issues

Tharris

I've internet connection died on my main computer when I uninstalled Hotspot Shield because it was annoying me, and straight after the uninstall the connection cut, (I'm typing this on my laptop.) After running the troubleshoot it told me there was some issue with the drivers on my network adapter, which is the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

After painfully and unsuccessfully stalking the internet I think I finally found the most recent driver download and tried to install it manually once I had transferred it using a USB stick. But once I did this it told me the driver was already up to date. So my question is, where do I go from here?

I am completely stuck, If anyone has any help I would be really appreciative. I would also be eager to give any more details if I have been vague. Thanks in advance for any help!

I had a similiar situation with my W7 (now W10) & all I did was go into the Device Manager , right clicked it, uninstall,reboot & it was working. You might wait for other replies if you wish.. :)

I just tried that with no success, thank you though! Its just frustrating that every solution is point at the network adapter drivers but even that doesnt work.

Try a system restore at a Point before you uninstalled Hotspot. If this works. Then go online and see if you can fine a uninstaller for hotspot. This way you do not loose your adapters driver again. Hopefully this works.

That sounds promising Colbalt, ill try that as soon as possible! And thanks again learninmypc!

I lie, it told me on one window that I had not set up a system restore point, and then another window told me that I had one from two days ago. It seems to have worked so thank you for the advice! Now to try and get rid of Hotshield without this happening again!

Back