Internet Constantly Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

Make sure the Power Management settings for the adapter aren't set to allow it to be turned off to conserve power.

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

Well you're done what most techs would do, now go to the source your ISP, as you rent the service from them, if there is trouble on their end you'll won't get the proper service you expect from them. Betting get on the horn with them now, otherwise your just wasting your money and not getting the full service with them you pay for.

Ive contacted my ISP atleast 5-6 times

They said it was a hardware problem so they reconfigured my cables, and replaced my modem box

the problem still persists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back