Internet Drops Randomly

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

Hey S15tym. This problem happening only on one machine, and in both modes tells me to eliminate a number of things right away (router, cables, network hardware on this machine).In your shoes, and suffering with this problem for months now, I myself would save everything of value to an external drive, reformat the drive and reinstall the OS,drivers, then all OS updates. Then have a quality, up to date Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware/rootkit program installed and do a thorough scan of the drive before anything is copied back to the pc. I would in fact use the pc a few days if possible before putting any files back on the system.I believe in starting from a clean slate when troubleshooting an issue like this that's been ongoing.

Back