Internet Explorer 10/Windows 7/ Real Player Downloader Compatability

I'm having an issue with my real player downloader . Every time I go to download a video, I get a window saying that "an error has caused downloader to stop and that windows will now close program". Now in Internet Explorer 9, You have the option of running Internet Explorer in both 32 and 64 bit browsers windows. Knowing that Real Player Downloader will only run on a 32 bit browser. I usually opted to run Internet Explorer as a 32 bit browser. However, I'm not seeing that you can run Internet Explorer 10 with this choice. So, How do I now use my downloader if the Internet Explorer doesn't provide a compatible browser to use. I'm sure I'm not the only one to run into this problem with Internet Explorer 10 vs Real Downloader.
Any ideas Guys? - E.J. McGuane

I have IE10. 32bit .exe is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\.... while the 64bit .exe is located in C:\Program Files\ ...

For some reason MS decided to name the executables the same...

Users generally have a problem with IE 10(or update)because of different document mode,the ActiveX control and compatibility with previous versions of HTML ...
ActiveX and Flash applications are updated,here I am in explorer windows,while on Win 7 it separately.To Win 8 such a problem does not.Just starting(crashes) IE 10,Protection Mode,audio,e-mail payment,texting and hanging pictures on the forums,32bit.or 64bit. and now Real Player ...I think that the unique solution (IE 10-Win 7)does not exist because Microsoft would have already hung up on their website.
In a word,the problem is an ActiveX Control.
Now,if one of the users may know a unique solution, I'd be happy to read it right in this forum,greeting...

Irrespective of your compatibility problems, Real Player has a rather bad reputation as regards behavior. Personally, I got rid of mine long ago, though I didn't experience incompatibilities.

Or maybe try to IE 11 (Internet Explorer 11 Developer Preview) which is available since yesterday to download and install on Win 7 :
Code:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

Back