TechSpot

internet explorer 6 problem

By absouloote
Sep 18, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi everyone, i was wondering if someone can help me with this problem? i recently installed windows xp pro on my new maxtor 160gb hard drive and everything went fine. i installed aol and i can connect to the internet and view pages with that browser, but when i try to view pages with IE6 or update windows it says "cannot find server.....the page cannot be displayed" i have this computer connected to a netgear rp614 router, and the other computer seems to connect fine using IE6. does anybody know whats goin on?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Since this is a new install, I guess you haven't set up networking correctly. Copying all network settings (besides computer name and IP address if not automatic) from the other computer should do the trick.
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

4. Charles Hammond

Charles Hammond Newcomer, in training Posts: 164

download netscape
    uninstall ie6
    reinstal ie6
  5. absouloote

absouloote Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

sorry i took so long to respond i fixed the problem, the problem was with aol. when it detected my modem i set it to broadband instead of home network. as soon as i changed it, it solved my problem. thanx to all that helped.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.