Internet explorer closes window when link is clicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

haggis

Hi - I have been having massive problems with WindowsXP home ever since I installed my Broadband modem, most of them I have sorted and the rest are minimal and sufferable

recently I had a load of spyware/adware on my computer and I dont think I have got rid of it all - ive tried all I can think of (my hijackthis log is attached) but I still seem 2 be getting problems

the biggest one ive noticed recently is when I click a link in IE explorer, it closes my current browser window and opens the link in a new window. How can I sort this - it doesnt happen on any other user accounts on my PC

can anyone help?? thnx in advance

Attachments

• hijackthishaggis.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your version of Hijackthis is out of date and needs updating.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Print them out if you can.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I kinda like to look stuff up myself you can do searchs on most of what you got listed
from what I see
you or somebody have added stuff to the browse windows (buttons)
I hate AOL
I know this ones not good :
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
also be aware games that are free, they gotcha
My first rule no addons from places you haven't checked out
and no free games.
you have been hijacked

Solution

I saw a solution on another site, so I'm copying and pasting... I realize this post is old, but maybe it can help someone else w/ the same problem:

"I read somewhere that this problem could be caused by toolbars I'd installed (such as yahoo toolbar or aol toolbar). Well I tried uninstalling them but that didn't work... apparently there was still some "leftovers" of these toolbars even after the uninstall. So then I was on a search to find out how to completely remove the toolbars effectively.

I came across a site ( http://www.mrtech.com/cgi-local/msgb...=11&t=164;st=0) that had a tool for completely removing the toolbars:
http://www.mrtech.com/aolcleaner.exe
I did it and now I can have muliple IE windows open again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back