TechSpot

Internet Explorer closing when trying to open certian pages problem

By Bartender802
Feb 10, 2005
  1. The problem I am having is if I try and go to a few sites that I have gone to in the past or even some new pages my Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox will close out one page it seems to be happening on is www.papathway.org . At first I thought it was Windows XP service pack 2 firewall so I disabled that, as well as disabling the popup blocker and even added the site to the allow list in my Internet Explorer setting. I am still unable to get to the site in both programs because it still boots me out. I have even uninstalled Service pack 2 and still having the issue. Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it? I have fun spybot and ad-aware and even the Microsoft anti-spy killer

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Is this www.pathway.com in Indianapolis?
    If so, you need to enable Java for IE and maybe get a Java-plugin for Firefox.

3. Bartender802

Bartender802 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

It is www.papathways.org, I can get to the site from my laptop which also has service pack 2 and even at work it seems to work fine

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

That PA Child Caregivers (?) website requires Java to be installed and/or activated.
    Open Control Panel and see if you have a Java icon in there. If not, install Java.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.