Resolved Internet Explorer extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisao101

I have been working on this machine that has Win XP Pro with IE 7. Recently, IE started going extremely slow. Even typing in the address bar is slow. For instance, if you type into the address bar "yahoo.com", the y comes up, 5 seconds later the a, then the h, and so on. It just takes forever. I have made a hijackthis log. I attached it to this post.

If anyone can spot what is wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.2 KB · Views: 1
The only 'slow' we do in this forum is only if it's related to malware. There is nothing in your HJT log to indicate malware. But that program isn't for screening.

You speed, or lack of, depends on the type of connection you have, your ISP, how many programs you load and run and how much RAM is installed.

Please report your problem in the forum right above this one- BSOD, Windows problems, etc. It is more appropriate there.

The only 'slow' we do in this forum is only if it's related to malware. There is nothing in your HJT log to indicate malware. But that program isn't for screening.

You speed, or lack of, depends on the type of connection you have, your ISP, how many programs you load and run and how much RAM is installed.

Please report your problem in the forum right above this one- BSOD, Windows problems, etc. It is more appropriate there.

Oh, ok.
Sorry about that. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back