Inactive Internet Explorer not secure?

Doctor Gallop

I normally use the same browser [ Firefox or now Microsoft Edge ] and run the Super Anti Spyware program every few weeks.
The program will usually find 4 or 5 items to be deleted as adware or tracking cookies.
But today, just this one day, I decided to use Internet Explorer 11 and afterwards ran the Super Anti Spyware program and the results were "250 items found" !
Why would that be? Is IE 11 no longer safe to use?

Untitled 1.jpg Untitled 2.jpg

I doubt you'll find any reliable source which would say that one browser is more safe than the other.
Maybe, maybe 10 years ago but not now.
Today's computing is simply much m ore dangerous than it was 10 years ago.
You must be super careful.
Do you have a log from Super?

I did not save the log but it sure would not be surprising to run the program again and get similar results.
But my question is why would the results be so negative if I used IE for such a short time [ 1 day ] compared to using those other browsers for weeks and the program only finding a few items to be deleted?

There is no way for me to answer your question.
In that one day you surely had different computer activities than in a day before.
Could be anything.
Without seeing a log I can't really comment.

The logs are located in C:Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SUPERAntiSpyware\Logs, but all of the logs are viewable by opening SUPERAntiSpyware and clicking View Scan Logs.
Note: Programs like CCleaner and related will remove scan logs.

I just used IE for 10 minutes and then ran a quick scan with the Super program.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/05/2015 at 12:35 PM

Application Version : 6.0.1204
Database Version : 11998

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:07:59

Operating System Information
Windows 8 64-bit (Build 6.02.9200)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned : 920
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 60162
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 10573
File threats detected : 9

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\RNFV1GX3.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\RNFV1GX3.txt [ /foxnews.demdex.net ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\G2LKQ68W.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\G2LKQ68W.txt [ /adsonar.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\QM2O8TI5.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\QM2O8TI5.txt [ /adsonar.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\5IOUEMSG.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\5IOUEMSG.txt [ /imrworldwide.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\037IA5HT.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\037IA5HT.txt [ /adnxs.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\W6H5X1TH.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\W6H5X1TH.txt [ /adsrvr.org ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\RNR6ZG96.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\RNR6ZG96.txt [ /addthis.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\V2WJE5JG.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\V2WJE5JG.txt [ /adsonar.com ]
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\7UFAQ3N6.txtC:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low\7UFAQ3N6.txt [ /demdex.net ]

There is nothing there.
Just tracking cookies.
Super is the only security program which lists them.
Tracking cookies are privacy issue not security issue and as such are not listed as security threat.

This morning I turned on my PC and I tried to use the windows 10 search box but it no longer works! It will not accept my typing any text into it and the windows 10 icon in the task bar is not working either.
When I try to bring up Microsoft Edge all I get is a quick flash and then it disappears!
I can click on anything else and it works fine.

I am sick of this Windows 10 nonsense. Is there a simple way to roll back to Windows 7 ?

Back