Internet explorer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay123

Everytime I open my internet explorer (version 6), it keeps tellign me right away something like "this program must be closed, we are sorry for the inconvenience." That exact message doesn't come up, but the window that the message comes up on is fairly big and at the bottom of it there are buttons that say, "send error repors" and, "dont send error report". How can I get my internet explorer to work?

Do you really need Internet Explorer? I would simply recommend trying out Mozilla Firefox or Opera. Both are free to download and use, but Opera does have banner ads (which aren't too annoying).

Personally, I immediately download and use Mozilla Firefox on all of my machines.

yeah.. but.....

if my other computer doesn't have access to the internet then how would I get firefox on that computer? because it can't access the internet if the internet explorer isn't working....

Since you're currently on the Internet, I imagine that you could download the file and put it onto a USB key or transfer it over the network. If you simply can't get FF onto the other computer, we can begin to try and figure out why IE is broken. :hotouch:

ok

well I imaginy that you mean a usb hard drive that you plug into your computer... but I dont have one of thoes right now. I would like to know if there is some kind of way to link up my 2 computers since they are both side by side right here beside me. (thats what u meant by network... right)

where do I get driver...?

ok I have a sony USB memory key right here... anyone know where I can get the driver for it?

Jay123 said:
ok I have a sony USB memory key right here... anyone know where I can get the driver for it?
You shouldn't need drivers for your Sony USB key. Simply download Firefox or Opera and then transfer it over to the key. :grinthumb

uuhh.....

u wanna tell me how I can do that cuz when I started my computer with the mem key in the usb port, it said that it couldn't find the driver for it..... and I'm not quite sure how to put things in the mem key anyhow.... :suspiciou :hotouch: :dead:

and I think without a driver, the computer act like the mem key isn't there.....

:blackeye: :knock:

and what exactly would I click on and do to put something in the mem key..? :confused:

windows has USB flash drive drivers built in.
worst case, download a driver from the manufactuer, but you shouldn't need to.

A USB key is like a small external harddisk.
Use Windows Explorer to copy files to and from it.
W95 and NT don't support them. W98 needs drivers, anything else has built-in drivers.
Don't boot with the key in!

If it's Windows 98, it won't work. You need W98SE.
You need to install the standard USB-drivers from W98SE from the CD.
Then you need to install the USB-drivers from the motherboard's chipset (probably Intel or VIA). Get those from the motherboard manufacturer's website.
Finally you need to install the USB-key specific drivers from Sony. Get them from Sony's website.

Alternatively, W98SE can be very picky, and your mobo's USB port is probably only version 1.1.
Get a PCI-card with 2-4 USB 2.0 ports, that includes USB-drivers for W98(SE)

Alternatively, follow my networking advice from a few posts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back