Internet Explorer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

Could anyone please help me,my Intetrnet Explorer was get effected.i already clear up the virus and spyware.
but now my problem is when i open internet explorer for searching,my window media player will hang, and even i right-click my computer properties it also hang.after i close my internet explorer,everything working fine
And i cant set up my own home pages in internet Explorer,everyime i changes it it'll remain same URL(http://about-blank.cc)
from the hijack, i found some weird thing. even i delete on registry there still coming back.
could anyone tell me how to fix all these problem.thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

host Service For Windows

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

mshost.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://about-blank.cc

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4BBC1A4D-DD20-4980-A645-2E13F6FC286D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\3721.2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: BitComet Toolbar - {2E608F70-C430-4bc5-96F6-608E02EBA5B2} - (no file)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1246BA2D-4F01-45A5-BA0C-B8299303475C}: NameServer = 202.188.0.133,202.188.1.5

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{1246BA2D-4F01-45A5-BA0C-B8299303475C}: NameServer = 202.188.0.133,202.188.1.5

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{1246BA2D-4F01-45A5-BA0C-B8299303475C}: NameServer = 202.188.0.133,202.188.1.5

Only fix the above 017 entries, if they don`t belong to your ISP.

O23 - Service: host Service For Windows (mshost) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\mshost.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\mshost.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\3721.2.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Rename HijckThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of dannydy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

host Service For Windows (mshost)

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

mshost.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://about-blank.cc

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [VoipStunt] "C:\Program Files\VoipStunt.com\VoipStunt\VoipStunt.exe" -nosplash -minimized

O23 - Service: host Service For Windows (mshost) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\mshost.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\mshost.exe

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of dannydy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok,the mshost.exe has been delete,thanks so much. i though it was a normal file system,cuase i tried to find on net,it give me it's process file information and so on.
Now the only problem is the home pages URL.i tried to change,but still remain.
And the regedit problem after i rename it,still promted the message "Registry have been disable by administrator",even i change it in user
configuration to enable it still not working.

I`m glad you`ve got rid of the worm.

However, as you are aware your IE homepage problem still remains, as does your regedit problem. This could all be related to something sinister on your system.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs, only after doing the above.

i've already did all the scanning job.All the Anti-spyware software helped me a lot.now my PC back to normal perfomance,i'm eppreaciate that.just the IE home pages URL still unsolve,well since it doesn;t cause any effect.

If you`re happy with that, then so be it.

You could or maybe should download and use Firefox from HERE. It`s a lot more secure than IE and comes with an inbuilt popup blocker.

There are a couple of tools you could try that may help, HERE and HERE.

OK.
Why i wan to disconnect my connection,it prompt me a message Error Disabling connection," it's not possible to disable the connection at this time......"it wasn't happen before.

I`m sorry, but I`m not sure what you mean.

Why are you trying to disconnect your connection?

What exactly are you trying to do?

i'm sorry,i mean i try to disable my connection.it doesnt allow me to disable it.promtt a message Error Disabling connection," it's not possible to disable the connection at this time......".

I cannot open your .doc file. This is because of the risk of viruses etc. Can you attach it as a .txt file?

You still haven`t told me why you`re trying to disable your connection.

last time when i get spyware,although i've clear them,and using sygate firewall,but sometimes my com will get attack and infected.so i try to turn off the connection each time when i shut down,and next time turn it on,because my firewall already running,so i make my connection.and all the attack will totally block by my firewall.
now i'm get used of it to disable my connection before shutting down my PC.now it not allow me to disable.

I see. I`m not sure why that would happen.

However, there really is no need to disable you internet connection before shutting down your computer. When you start your computer the firewall programme will run at startup.

i tried to help my friend fix his PC using above techiques,but i facing one problem was his PC option folder from Tool bar was gone.And i tried to get access from control panel but i failed cause there also gone the programme.
so i cant tick to open the both hiddent file and system file as well,is there other method to gain access the folder option parameter>?

ok thanks a lot.

How i want to keep track my PC was being used by other user,i mean when my com turn on while i was away,someone using my com to browse,i wan to track which website he been.and he know how to delete all the history from IE,so i cant track back what he did on the net.

Open IE and click tools/internet options/clear history/yes/ok.

Another way, would be to password your computer, then no one can use it when you`re not there.

yap i did set password,but sometimes there's other downloading task progress.so i cant log off my PC.
Now my main purpose is want to track the person what he broswing on the net,i know there's one software track and monitor PC process,but just for Window ME.i dont remember the software's name.
so i seeking for your opinion regarding the.thanks

Most downloading processes can be stopped and restarted/continuede when you want, so I don`t really see that as a problem.

There is software available that would let you know what`s been happening with your computer when you`re not there. However, such software could be viewed as an invasion of privacy. In any case I can`t recommend anything in particular.

Google and Yahoo search engines may give you some answers.

However, be warned that some tracking software is spyware and is not to be trusted. Use at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back