Internet Explorer Redirects to anti virus sites, incorrect links, yellowpages etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattf76

Hello,
I see some people have had much success with virus and malware removal here. I have been fighting this for weeks almost a month now, I've paid Dell for their help and problem is still not resolved. My pc is a Dell desktop, windows vista, internet explorer browser. We have 4 user accounts set up as well. not sure if each are individually infected. two are for sure. dell has run many programs etc and no luck. Can you please help me fix this issue. I have concerns of it being in the computer. My pc is redirecting to anti-virus fraud links, yellowpages.com, and other websites. when i google for things i select the link and it redirects me to many different bogus sites, also some are pop ups. please help. Also I am running pc-cillen 14 in back ground. I do not have external drive ability for backup.
Thank you.
Matt

I have been fighting this for weeks almost a month now, I've paid Dell for their help and problem is still not resolved.
Dell should have informed you to back up (even if you need to purchase a flash drive, that everyone has now) and then re-install clean.
Dell do not help you get rid of Malware, they are a sales company that deals with Hardware and Windows OS install and drivers only

You know what? I tend to agree with them. After "a month" I'd say re-install clean ;)

No chances of removing it then...

Thank you for prompt reply.... Am I correct in assuming the issue can not be fixed without a total reformat then..? I would like to try to get the issue resolved without a clean install or reformat. I say this because when i purchaced the computer from Dell i did not get the software to install on my pc that it came with.
Thanks,
Matt

Contact Dell to get the Windows restore disc: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

What would happen if during the malware removal, one of your Windows system files were deleted? I really don't feel any support member would like to be in that position, with you not having a computer that even starts Windows at all ;)

fix..

Thank you,
Should this fix my problem..? Also does it restore it to the factory time setting. once i have the cd can we then look into the issue and try to resolve it?
Thanks
Matt

This redirect issue has me really annoyed. Can I get help here? I am ok with the computer and should be able to follow someone's instructions. Help!!!!

Thank you

I will get the disk and back up the files. I will be in contact once this is completed.
Thank you for your time.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back