Internet Explorer Script Error

By vassil3427
Aug 11, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately(As in the last couple days) everytime I open a web page(of any kind) I get a Script error that pops up, and in the error box it says a few things but under URL it says http://www.1stairfare.info/ I checked what it is, its some site at which you purchased airline tickets, all i want to do is get rid of it, it is very annoying because it pops up at every web site i go to.
    Thanks!:grinthumb

I'm using I.E. 6
  2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

Load Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Tick Disable script debugging.
  3. vassil3427

vassil3427 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 822

Thanks Thomas....but its already ticked:( , these script errors pop up at every web site.....and if I leave my pc for awhile, popups will begin to come up, and here's how it started, I was surfing the net and these pop-ups came up, so i exited them...well they would pop-up everytime i started internet explorer...so i went through the registry and found a few registry keys with the web sites name on them, so i deleted the keys...maybe thats why these script errors are happening? All I wanna do is get them to stop:blackeye:
  4. vassil3427

ok,
    I think what is going on is, When I open I.E. its not only trying to access my homepage, but also a couple pop-ups, because in the Script errors it gives me(There are only two different ones) the URl's displayed are advertisement pages, so it seems as if these pop-ups are set to come up whenever i switch pages...but instead i get errors, is there ANYTHING i can do to stop these...aside form reformatting because its such a complicated problem...:dead: ...Can i uninstall I.E.6 and reinstall it? because these errors are driving me insane....:confused:
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

You've gotten ActiveX scripts somewhere. I'm not sure how to delete them but you can disable them by setting from options - Security - Medium or above.
    That might also cause some (clean) sites not to work properly..
  6. vassil3427

Hey thanks,
    I raised it too Medium High, and not more errors...so thanks!:D
    (Even though I know we really didnt FIX the problem..merely covered it up)
  7. vassil3427

Not that i want to continue this thread...but.... I thought the errors were gone, well since then they have come back, the exact same ones, no matter what privacy setting I put I.E. on. They will stop coming up if i leave my pc on for more than a day without restarting, i think maybe because it gets a certain cookie or something else in the temporary internet files(the reason I beleive this is because if i delete the cookies and temporary files the errors come back), is there anybody that can help with a new solution to my problem?:(
  8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.