Internet explorer stealing focus

By jayno20
Jan 10, 2006
  1. is there anyway to stop IE from stealing the focus? when im loading a page sometimes i will click away from it and then it will steal the focus and its extremely annoying... anyone know how to stop it?
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Time someone slaps your hand for still using that POS! :unch:
    Go to !
  3. kodrutz

kodrutz TS Booster Posts: 107

Indeed, man...I can't imagine how some people can live using IE & Windows's like using a bike on the highway and wonder why everybody is passing by so fast ;)

Anyway, let's help the man...if you really love IE and don't want to try "exotic" things like Opera or FireFox, I suggest to get an IE-based browser like or They are both free and much much better than IE.​
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

That's still the same crappy IE with a fancy dressing!
  5. kodrutz

kodrutz TS Booster Posts: 107

Basically, you're right, but they have a lot of functionality added too, like popup and script blockers, multi tabbed interface and more.
    Better a bit better than worse :)
  6. jayno20

jayno20 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 106

lol, yeah u guys are right i do already use firefox, but there's one thing i need to do on the internet that isnt supported by firefox so im stuck with IE on that... but i ended up getting Tweak UI from microsoft and it stopped IE from stealing focus... thanks!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.