Internet explorer stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevs

need help IE stopped running, when I click on it a page cannot be displayed error comes up, but when i start mozilla it works fine, it just started happening today, yesterday it was fine. I need IE because some sites(in particular microsoft sites) dont like mozilla. Also I can't use msn messenger until IE works and is online.

Let`s make sure viruses/spyware isn`t responsible.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, after doing the above.

If it turns out you do have an infection, I`ll move this thread to our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

OK will do

Ive ran the scan doubt it will find anything since I log onto the net as a limited user and I ran trojan hunter and Windows bit defender last night and they didnt find anything.

I tried attaching a text file but it didnt work so I put it in a zip format.

yeah, and I just finished running another scan with windows bit defender again and it was clean. Weird

Ok. Assuming your system is clean and that the problem is actually related to IE, do the following.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE. This will leave your data intact. However, it`s a good idea to backup your important data, just in case.

Once you`ve finished the repair, you will need to run the Windows updates again.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back