Internet Explorer will not show multiple pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starr

I just pick up a problem a few days ago in IE and it is one that I have not seen and I have been on the net since 97. For some reason I can not run more then one page of IE. Every time I try to open another page it takes the place of the page that is open. I have run all my spyware programs and antivirus programs and have come back clean. I even went through my settings and set every thing back to the Default setting, I even did a repair of IE with the results being the same.
Has anyone seen this before?

thxs in advance for any and all answers

Either use an overlay like the Avant browser with tabbed pages, OR, much safer and better, switch over to Firefox from www.getfirefox.com.
You can have several INSTANCES of IE, but each only ever displays one page at the time. That is inherent in IE.

I think my explanation of the problem I’m having needs to be refined.
When I say I can’t have more then one page running I didn’t mean visible.
I meant to say that I can only have one instance of IE running, ie…no multitasking.
Usually you can open up quite a few pages of IE but see only one while the others
are at the bottom. You might have one open to Google, another at Techspot, another one at your homepage and just click between them. I hope this helps in explaining the problem clearer and I apologize for any miss information. :eek:

realblackstuff my thanks, the link you posted had the answer. It seems that this is a problem in the Yahoo folder and is linked to the anti-PoP-up program.
Still, it's a little confusing since I was not running any of Yahoos programs like PoP-up or Yahoos tool-bar.
Again my thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back