TechSpot

Internet Explorer

By Maurice
Nov 13, 2003
  1. I have just got the familiar banner on my screen "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" etc., the strange thing is, it is still there as I type this. I find that this is very odd, if you can carry on, what is the purpose of this message?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Did you click the ok button? I'm not sure what the deal is with this either, but I have noticed this with a few programs that allow you to continue using it until you actually click the ok button. So if I have a download or something going I will just wait until it is done and then click ok to close the application. Kinda strange.

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I've seen lots of crashes that resulting in a still-usable interface. :)

They should have an "ignore" button.

4. Maurice

Maurice Banned Topic Starter Posts: 646

Thanks, Poertner, at least I'm not the only one then, that's good to know, but what a pain! You're right, Rick, an "ignore" button would be useful, but we all know that this won't happen, so we'll have to grin & bear it, I suppose, In future I'll work round it, as you say you do, Poertner.

5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Yes it is just a pain to move it to the bottom of your screen until you are finished doing whatever you were doing.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.