Internet Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

Every time I turn on my computer my wireless firewall is disabled and I have to turn it on.

What could be causing it?

Go to start > run, type services.msc and press enter.

Near the bottom of the list should be a service called Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing. Double-click on the service and set the startup type to automatic.

If the startup type was manual or disabled before, that's probably the source of your problem. If the startup type was already set to automatic, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Regards :)

Well the windows firewall didn't appear in the services but Internet Connection Sharing was already on automatic :(

Are you running Vista? If so, that's probably why the Windows Firewall service didn't exist.

Do you have another software firewall? If so, that's probably what's disabling the Windows firewall. It's best not to run two software firewalls side by side, as that can cause conflicts.

I don't have vista, I actually have a old version of Windows XP ( SP 1 )

I have Comodo firewall

Do I even need to run that internet firewall or no because I already have a firewall?

Comodo is superior to the Windows firewall. So you should leave the Windows firewall disabled so that it doesn't cause conflicts.

BTW, it would be a good idea to install service pack 2 for Windows XP, as it increases security.

I will later, because I got this computer from my grandma awhile back so I haven't really had time to update much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back