Internet is extremely slow

chipopo2

Hello there,

I am running Windows 7 Enterprize on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz 3.19GHZ (no idea what I just wrote, coppied it from the system information ). It also uses a 4.0 GB RAM.
I tried dealing with the problem on another thread in VIRUSES AND MALWARE forum.
This is the final post from a user named Broni who helped me out:

It's all perfectly clean.

If you still experiencing some issues...

In this forum, we make sure, your computer is free of malware and your computer is clean :)
Because the access to malware forum is very limited, your best option is to create new topic about your current issue, at Windows section.
You'll get more attention.

Good luck!

The problems I am encountering are pages loading very slowly or not loading at all (that is after some time I get a message that "internet page is not available". Sometimes after a few refreshes it loads. Preview thumbnails don't always show on FB and videos embedded don't play).
I use Google Chrome but during the tests we did on the other forum I tried IE and Firefox and had the same results. We also tried to connect another PC via the same internet line and it worked fine.

This all started exactly a week ago, before that everything was fine.

I hope you can help me out here.

It would be worth doing a 'sfc' on your system, if only to rule out any simple O/S issues there might be. It's a built-in Windows routine so there's no danger of it causing any more problems, totally safe.
It goes; 'Start' key + X
Press A
New box appears, choose 'Yes'
New box appears; Type; sfc /scannow
(Be sure to put a space after sfc)
You can carry on using the pc while it runs, about 15 mins, when finished close the text box, nothing more to do, Windows will have done any repairs needed.

OK, I managed to do it in a different way. The bottom line: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

If using Firefox browser it's worth installing the HTML5 'add-on'.
To do that, top far right of options bar in Firefox is the icon with 3 white lines, open that.
Click on 'Add-ons'. Then Tab should be the top one 'Add-ons'.
In the right hand panel, 'Up & coming' you will see' 'HTML5 video everywhere',
click on that and then '+add to Firefox'.
Try a Youtube video and check what happens.
You can also use Windows 'Device manager', check if there is an update to your graphic card driver.

Did you do anything significant one week ago? Most likely, you got re-infected again. Or you installed something conflicting such as a second anti-malware program. Less likely, but possible, the monthly MS update has caused trouble. In which case, uninstall all the MS updates for february. Alternatively, do a system rollback to before February's updates.

Last edited:
Back