Internet Keeps Droping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

I just build my first PC. I have the Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 motherboard and I am using the network card built into that. I am also using HomePlug so it's not a direct link. It has been fine for the past month then one day the Local IP address changed from 192.0.0.4 to 192.0.0.2 it was odd but I went along with it, and until then the internet has been dropping. I know it's the PC because it keeps flashing every 5 second Internet Unpluged, whats more odd a simple reboot brings the internet back but only for 10 minuites which then drops again.

Any suggestions would be great,
Thanks

Does the Internet stay connected when you connect the computer directly to the ISP modem? If so, one of the HomePlug adapters may be bad. Start troubleshooting this by replacing the adapters

Have you considered setting up the IP of yout system manually and disabling dchp? what about flashing the dns cache and reseting your modem and router/homeplug?
Seems to me it could be something relating to the system trying to automatically set a network setup and failling/conflicting with something else. dunno had something similar on my friends setup where he had wired&wireless network activated at same time (different IP's) and the internet dropped after some usage.

I have flushed the DNS and reset the modem and homeplug no luck. How do I change the IP back to what it was when working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back