Internet keeps getting disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ADSL broadband connection... Recently, a few minutes after the internet is connected, it gets disconnected, and i get an error message that says "The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly."

Also, I find that there's a new internet connection called "connection" in my list of network connections.

What can I do?

You definitely need to get a virus and spyware scan done on your machine.
Go HERE and do an online scan. Report back on any findings.

Regards Jase

When it stops do you still have a DSL light on the modem itself ? Also make sure you have no power saving turn on where it will shut things off after a half hour of use.
What firewall you using? Some firewalls have time settings where if you don't use it for awhile it locks the internet , I know zonealarm has this .

Is there A router involved in your connection?
If there is it may have somthing to do with ip lease times
if not and this is a direct connection to the phone company, then the weather may be the problem. If the weather is bad like alot of rain you may have a water problem in the telephone cable any where from your home to the telephone office. if the problem goes away when the weather gets dryer their is stil a problem that will eventualy deteriorate the line, eventualy the static or connection will stay even in dry weather. next you will loose the signal completely it will then be real easy for the phone technichian to find the problem.

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back