Internet options not working in Internet Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonfruit

I have recently noticed that the 'internet options' command in the tools menu of internet explorer is not working. When I click it I get a blank window that flashes up very quickly then nothing happens.

I have done an AVG scan and a AVG anti spyware scan and my system is clean.

Anybody throw any light on this?

Looks like you may be infected.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of moonfruit only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

See if you can open Internet Options from the Control Panel. Let us know, along with some information about your system, browser name and version to be included.

Hi
I cant open internet options from the control panel either. Im using Internet Explorer 7.
I am probably going to do a system restore as its the safest option.

I meant reinstalling XP. I have backed up all important stuff. My computer probably needs it to get rid of all this ****e! Ive had it for about 4 year and could do with a spring clean!

Thats oftend the best fix, make sure you have some decent security software on your pc afterwards to help prevent this from happening again. There are plenty of links in the sticky threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back