Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i bet you are use to people to post this type of problems but if any of you can plz help me.

First i belief some one keeps hacking into my router and slow down the hole network even all of the computer started to work slower, so after that I have set up MAC Filter List i find out that there new Mac addresses that is not from any of the computers in the house and after deleting it I find out that some guy have added his MAC address to our MAC Filter addresses place so our router would let him log in so can any one tell me a way I can stop him for hacking my router?

Second I am having this problem my computer. I have cable internet and before i use to easily download from 400-800 kbs per second and for past 2 or 3 month been maxing out at 200 kbs. Also some times when i click to download some thing and it starts at 1.5mbs per second and in 10 seconds or so it drops down to 200kbs per seconds. I also just updated my router and this is a brand new laptop so i dont think that it is this laptop wireless card b/c i used it at school and downloaded at over 2 mbs a second.

also after using speedtest.net it say

1.64 mb/s DL
0.28 mb/s UL
84 ms ping

i know 1.64 mb/s is like 200 kbs but why it have drop so much from before, can any one help me?

I think some routers allow you to block addresses but I'm not an expert in this area. What security protocol are you using? Have you tried to change the network password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back