Internet problems, can open pages but cannot post messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

coalfire

It was suggested in the malware forum that I repost my problem here instead so....

Hi all hopeing you can help, I am having a strange problem on my main PC, it can open web pages (well most of the time) but I can not submit any forms or posts on forums etc.I have run all virus and malware scans etc without finding more than tracking cookies.

When it happens if I close firefox and try to reopen it I get the message saying firefox is already running please close it before starting a new copy. If you end the service in task manager then open firefox no pages will open. If I restart the PC all is fine for a period of time (this can vary) I am at a loss as what to try so have included a hijakthis log for you kind people to look at.

Just to let you know my laptop works fine so its not the connection or router.

The main PC is running XP Pro

Can't attach the log here as well apparently so please see https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic132960.html if you need to check the hijack log

Go to <SAFE MODE> then wait until it stabilizes, then run your antivirus, then spyware programs... We recommend Avira, and then Spyware Doctor or SpySweeper, or malwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware ...
Then immediate shut down and reboot to SAFE Mode and run them again.
Then send us the HiJackThis log if it has not worked its way out by then.
Tell us which version of Firefox you are using. I would uninstall Firefox, then reboot and attempt a reinstall after the above.

Have run malware bytes, superantispyware and AVG in safe mode but will try running them through twice asyou suggest over the next couple of days when I have time (it takes a while to run them all one after the other as have over 2TB of drive space or do I only need to scan the C drive?).

Also firefox is V3.5.2 as I unistalled my older version then got the latest after reastarting and installed it with no luck.

We find AVG to be a constant problem. I would at least try Avira or Avast, with AVG uninstalled...
and running them just when you have time is not an option. There is solid evidence, that some of these evils hide in memory... If there is not a full force attack, they just come back from memory.

You need to scan only the booting drive... usually that is the C drive. It doesn't do much, if any, good to scan optional hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back