Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rliu

I don't know where to put this thread so this will do, I can't access some sites, such as newgrounds, which I'm sure isn't down or been taken off, so can anyone suggest any help? Thanks in advance.

You haven't told us enough about your problem. We can't answer a question if we don't know what we're being asked.

I'm having trouble running ipconfig.exe as I type it in on Run..., it comes up then disappears on its own.

Don't worry about my last post, I tried ipconfig/flushdns but I'm still having trouble, any other ideas?

Well it's narrowed down to a dns prob. Go to command prompt and enter the IPCONFIG/ RENEW command then try accessing site. If that don't work, follow these steps:

- Right click MY COMPUTER and select MANAGE
- Expand SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS and select SERVICES
- Scroll down until you see DNS CLIENT, select it, and restart the service.

Give that a try and see what happens.

Still no joy, I don't think its a DNS problem any more, it must be to do with the ISP or router or something, any other ideas?

Call your ISP and explain that your having trouble visiting a particular website, but others are fine. Ask them what the problem is. They may be able to tell you it's a problem at their end and fix it.

Have you tried running hijackthis ? Maybe some "custom" DNS servers have been added to your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back