Internet Randomly Kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm running Windows Vista and my internet provider is Verizon. Internet speed is fine but more and more my internet will randomly kick, some times 5 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes. The DSL light will stay on but the internet light will turn off, then turn back on and sometimes when the internet light turns back on, it's red. Any help at all would be awesome.

Thanks,
Kodee

I have had this happen with my cable modem and Comcast. My experience says it is your ISP provider and/or the modem. I always lean towards Comcast because my modem is fine for months and then suddenly the "mysterious" shutdown of my modem followed by blinking lights and eventually connection -- again.

Comcast is always doing something "new." I lay it at their feet until shown otherwise.

I would contact Verizon and let them know of your issues.

The sad thing is, is that i've contacted them numerous times, they even sent me a new router so i know its not that. They've been to my house and looked around and nothing got solved.

Heh sounds like a similar problem I had but with my Linksys Router and Charter problem ended up being the router it was either bad or the firmware was outdated

Have you checked to make sure the router has the latest firmware installed on it? Cuz your "new" router may not really be new so to speak firmware wise

You would have to log into your router and check to see if and it would vary depending on the type of your router.

I am sure if you post what brand and model your router is someone here can give you better advice then I

though typically its by typing in 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.1.1 into your web browser and entering in the username and password default is typically admin/password

oh yea i've done that a couple times.

Just for more info tho im using a Verizon DSL High speed modem model number GT704WG

Thanks man.

Sorry didn't see the reply, I'm used to playing games online and when my internet light goes off it kicks me from the game. So kick = my internet cutting out for a short period of time, sometimes it happens more then twice in a row. Thanks ;)

Okay, I'm going to come back atcha again:

It sounds like you are intermittently losing your internet connection. Since:
The DSL light will stay on but the internet light will turn off, then turn back on and sometimes when the internet light turns back on, it's red

the internet connection is coming back on of it's own, you need to call Verizon and report the problem. You do not indicate that you have to do anything to establish the connection, so that outs it in the lap of the ISP. IT could be the DSL modem, it could be a wiring problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back