Internet randomly messes up

For some time, my computer has this issue where the internet, for no apparent reason, suddenly becomes unusable. The yellow triangular sybol appears on the wifi icon, and I have no Internet access.

However, my phone can still access the Internet normally while my computer can't, despite the fact that they're connected to the same internet connection and are in the same room.

The computer's issue can be temporarily fixed with the troubleshooter, which makes the internet work again, but it doesn't seem to fix the underlying problem as the issue comes back again soon enough. It's incredibly annoying for gaming as I have to exit and troubleshoot and rejoin after timing out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If it matters, I use Windows 10, 64 bit.

Win/10 has issues with WiFi drivers. *IF* you're using wifi and get this symptom, you need an update for your chip, but NOT by using Windows Update!

get the name of the vender using the Device Manger, expand [+] Network Adaptors and find the right name.

go to the vendor's website, support or download page and fetch the Win/10 64bit driver. Then install it and reboot.

Win/10 has issues with WiFi drivers. *IF* you're using wifi and get this symptom, you need an update for your chip, but NOT by using Windows Update!

get the name of the vender using the Device Manger, expand [+] Network Adaptors and find the right name.

go to the vendor's website, support or download page and fetch the Win/10 64bit driver. Then install it and reboot.
Thanks for the response!

A question about the updated version.

The website (https://www.atheros-drivers.com/atheros-wireless-drivers.html) has a list of drivers. My current one, AR9485, is on the list, and below it are AR9485WB up to AR9580. However, I'm not sure if those updated drivers will be compatible with my computer. I once updated my network driver using Driver Booster a few months ago, but it broke my Internet completely and I had to revert.

Thank you!

... yes, games tend to break things; sigh.
Still, I've played 1000+ hours of TF2 (don't judge) without this issue, but now I'm getting it for some reason.

According to Driver Booster I have a new version for my network adapter, so I'll try that, but last time I updated it my internet broke and I had to revert to the old version.

According to Driver Booster I have a new version for my network adapter, so I'll try that, but last time I updated it my internet broke and I had to revert to the old version.
Pls keep us updated on your status...

Pls keep us updated on your status...
I will. The download isn't working right now, but it may just be my Internet being unstable again, as other downloads also aren't working.

Apparently my current driver is 3.0 something and the updated one is 10.0 something, though both are supposedly from 2016.

Back