Internet randomly stopped working on one pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, we have a D-Link DSL604 G Wireless router, but for some reason the internet has completely stopped responding one one computer. It's connected over an ethernet cable and can communicate with the router fine, but just the internet won't work.

It's fine on my wired connection and the wireless connection, but not on this one pc. I have ran ewido and found a few tracking cookies and i have a HJT log here too, although i'll get a new one tomorrow because this one's a few days old.

It has Norton Internet Security 2004 installed (unsubscribed). I tried starting up without it, because it has Zone Alarm Security Suite too, but it still didn't work.

Thanks for any help.

uninstall norton completely, redo your internet conection/home networking wizard/ISP cd, reboot and it'll work.

your problem lies with zonealarm and norton. Remove both. Use AVG free. NI4 has a firewall, you have redundant firewalls.

i downloaded the notron remover program from the "how to get rid of norton for good" thread and removed the NIS2004 and now everythign works fine.
thanks guys

Daveskater said:
i downloaded the notron remover program from the "how to get rid of norton for good" thread and removed the NIS2004 and now everythign works fine.
thanks guys
Gah.. I hate that program. It causes so many problems. You're lucky (or unlucky) enought to even get it installed in the first place.

Google 'norton install problem'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back