Internet Running Very Slowly (HJT Log Attached)

By Seppel
Jul 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Everyone, for the past couple weeks my internet has been running very slowly. I must have scanned my computer a good 20 times now with various programs (Nortan Antivirus 2006, Adaware-SE, AVG) and they never find anything. I have tried downloading other programs just to see if they'd work but whenever I try I usually get a download speed of 1kb (usually less) per second. I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
  2. almcneil

almcneil TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,554

Did you try Spybot Search & Destroy? It catches the really NASTY spyware that affects your PC in weird ways.
  3. Seppel

Seppel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

I tried getting it but it was taking hours to download and it eventually just canceled itself, I'll give it another go though.
  4. almcneil

Get a friend to download it to a CD, DVD or flash for you.
  5. Seppel

Seppel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Ok I finally got Spybot Search and Destroy, it found 4 things but there were no changes in my internet performance after I fixed them.
  6. almcneil

OK, although you have removed all or most spyware, these utilities do not fix any corruption left behind by the spyware. The best way to fix that is to perform an XP repair installation (I presume you're running XP.) If you don't know how to do that, go here
  7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

I do see nothing nasty in your HJT log. I recommend doing an XP repair installation as almcneil said.

Regards :)
  8. M0ntG0M3rY

M0ntG0M3rY Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

Seppel,

your log says you keep HJT on desktop and didn't rename it. It may not show everything, in this case.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.